The purpose of Women’s Racing Association: To create a supportive environment for women to learn to race or refine their racing skills.
The purpose of Women’s Racing Association: To create a supportive environment for women to learn to race, refine their racing skills, and have fun on the water.
1. Rent an Ideal 18 or use your own
2. Sign up as a skipper, crew or both
3. WRA member boats will start with the Ideal 18 fleet
4. Training will be held on Mondays in May and June
5. A volunteer chase/coach boat will be provided on Thursdays
6. Chalk talks after Thursday races
Deadline to register is April 29th
Click here to register
WRA Ideal 18 Rental Program:
Costs: RYC Members: $350
WRA Boat Owner: $ 25
Five club boats are dry sailed and are reserved for WRA members each Thursday, beginning May16th.
Saturdays/Regattas/any other time
- Call the RYC Dock Master (342-5511 x 23) to reserve a boat. Boats are reserved on a first come/first serve basis.
- Boats may also be taken out for practice time.
The first training session for the season, with Jimmy, will be held in the Junior Sailing Center at 6 pm on Monday April 29th. We will train for the next six consecutive Mondays until June 10th.
The racing season begins on Thursday, May 16th and Saturday racing on May 18th. Thursday night racing starts at 6:30 pm. You will need to arrive by 5:00 pm to rig the boats. Plan on leaving the dock no later than 5:30 pm. Typically, on a Thursday, there will be 3 races.
1. Women’s scoring will be for the Thursday Ideal 18 Club Racing Series only.
2. Skippers are scored separate from crew. (This allows flexible pairing of participants)
3. Series: You must participate in 60% of the races in a series to qualify for the series.
4. Overall: You must participate in 60% of all club races to qualify for the overall.
Three perpetual trophies:
i. Best Overall WRA Skipper
ii. Best Overall WRA Crew
iii. Most Improved
Questions?: Contact Pam Patton at 353.1928, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Holly Calderon at Hollie.Calderon@jpmorgan.com or 585.703.5435.