Gifts and Legacies
There is a legacy of giving at the Rochester Yacht Club. Many of us want to provide funds to grow the sport of sailing and boating and others wish to have loved ones remembered.
There are many ways that you can give to the Rochester Yacht Club.
Rochester Community Boating is a foundation whose goal is to make the joy of sailing and boating accessible to the Rochester community. RSB is a designated 501(c)(3) corporation by the Internal Revenue Service. As such, RSBF functions as a not-for-profit corporation, able to accept tax deductible gifts to promote boating and sailing.
If you would like to give to the Rochester Yacht Club directly, please consider the following:
1. Donations can be given in the name of a member. An engraved plaque will be placed in the Memorial Pavilion at RYC. Plaques can be requested as follows:
a. Small brass: $500 - $999
b. Large aluminum: $1,000 - $2,499
c. Large brass: $2,500 - $4,999
d. Silver/brass: $5,000 +
2. Donors have the option to purchase items for RYC depending on the Club’s needs at that time. Examples include dining room chairs or tables, bar stools, or park benches. Engraved plaques will be placed on the item in the name of a member.
3. Donations may be made to the Sailor’s Trust Fund. This fund provides financing for members who are amateur sailors from the Rochester area who are participating in national or international competitions.
4. Donors may provide funds for the Erica T. Schwenk Fund. The Erica T. Schwenk Fund for Female Sailors has been established to promote the love of sailing and to enhance sailing skills for females of all ages. The Fund is to be used to support a female to make personal growth through sailing.
5. Donations may be made directly to RYC without a specific purpose. The Board of Directors will determine the use of the funds.
For further information contact Linda Gardner, Chair of Gifts and Legacies @ Lndgardner@aol.com.