Women's Racing Association
The purpose of Women’s Racing Association:
To create a supportive environment for women to learn to race, refine their racing skills, and have fun on the water!
1. Rent an Ideal 18 or use your own
2. Sign up as a skipper, crew or both
3. WRA member boats will start with the Ideal 18 fleet
4. Training will be held on Mondays in May and June
5. A volunteer chase/coach boat will be provided on Thursdays
6. Chalk talks after Thursday races
WRA Ideal 18 Rental Program:
Costs: RYC Members: $400
Bring your own boat: $125 (Members)
Click Here to Register
Six club owned boats are dry sailed and are reserved for WRA members each Monday, beginning May 4th where we will practice on our own race course with starts and races.
Call Holly Stevens at (342-5511 x 37) to reserve a boat. Boats are reserved on a first come/first serve basis.
There must always be an experienced sailor, whom is a member of RYC, on board.
This season we are trying something new, we will be changing from racing and coaching on Thursday nights to our new night on Mondays. Each Monday we will have coaching on land and on the water. Those sailors who feel comfortable are able to race on Thursday nights with the Ideal Fleet. We will be meeting each Monday at 5:30 pm and training and having fun until 9 pm each week. For more information about the new outline please contact Liam Faduree at [email protected]
Thursday night racing starts at 6:30 pm. You will need to arrive by 5:00 pm to rig the boats. Plan on leaving the dock no later than 5:30 pm. Typically, on a Thursday, there will be 3 races.
1. Women’s scoring will be for the Thursday Ideal 18 Club Racing Series only.
2. Skippers are scored separate from crew. (This allows flexible pairing of participants)
3. Series: You must participate in 60% of the races in a series to qualify for the series.
4. Overall: You must participate in 60% of all club races to qualify for the overall.
Three perpetual trophies:
i. Best Overall WRA Skipper
ii. Best Overall WRA Crew
iii. Most Improved
Questions?: Contact Pam Patton at 353-1928, email [email protected] or Holly Calderon at [email protected] or (585) 703-5435.
Waterfront Manager: Holly Stevens can be reached at [email protected] with any boat maintenance concerns.